Saturday 8 April 2017

Exploring Michigan - Pentwater


Well hello again! 
I have nearly survived my year abroad, can you believe it? What a crazy ride that it has been, and what wonderful people I've met along the way. Despite all my travels, I've actually hardly had the chance to explore around Michigan outside of Ann Arbor. 

So this past weekend my friend Katie and I set out on a little road trip to the west side of Michigan, to a small town on the shores of Lake Michigan. We got SO LUCKY with the weather that I honestly can't even describe how beautiful it looked. I don't think many people believed me that these photos were taken within the state of Michigan and that I'd actually just snuck off to the Caribbean for a day instead.

Although the town itself wasn't something to write home about as it was out of season, the beach was glorious and although the water was cold we even managed to dip our feet in (although my jeans didn't go up as much as I'd hoped). It genuinely felt like being at the ocean, which just baffles me as Illinois/Wisconsin is actually just over the horizon.

Anyway, enjoy these photos (creds to Katie whenever the photo has me in it) and appreciate how beautiful it all looks.

(Jumper from Topshop (old) and jeans from River Island (old) sorry for no new clothes)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs