Wednesday 8 July 2015

Guinness Store House - Dublin






Quite a few weeks ago now my good friend Iszy and I jetted off on a superbly cheap trip to Dublin on just a week and a bit notice. Obviously we had an amazing time, so I felt it was round about time I got off my butt and started typing up what we did during our time there. First up, but what we actually did on our 3rd day in the city, was visiting the Guinness store house! It's truly inescapable, you can't go anywhere without it being in your line of sight and signs for Guinness are everywhere. It's one of the largest breweries in the world, smack bang in the middle of Dublin, and it's definitely worth the trip as the visitor centre is quite a spectacle in itself (and you get a Guinness at the end!)




The museum is set across several floors, that takes you through the whole journey of Guinness, right up to all the advertising that Guinness is well known for. Everything is lovingly presented with lots of homages to Arthur Guinness himself and what makes Guinness so special. I'm not even that much of a fan of the drink but I was still drawn in by all the displays and really enjoyed the 2 hours or so it took us to travel through the whole thing. To top it all off you get a lovely well presented Guinness in the top floor of the building, which allows a beautiful near panoramic view of Dublin, which is well worth the trip in itself!




And oh look, here is a pic of me posing with my lovely drink of Guinness at the top of the building I was speaking of. Look at that view! I spent so many photos trying to get the focus on my camera to play game but eventually gave up and settled for this. Apologies for the near creepy smile.
Stay tuned for some more posts from Dublin in the next few days!

Playsuit: ASOS (told you I'd wear it a lot)
Shoes: Nikes
Bag: My trusty Topshop one

Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs