Wednesday 29 October 2014

Autumnal Smoky Eye with Barry M Natural Glow Palette 2


Hello everyone!
Today I messed around a bit with some of my more recent palette acquisitions, which includes Barry M's Natural Glow Palette 2 (basically a Naked dupe). For general face stuff, I used Garnier's BB cream in light and a bit of Benefit's Rockateur blusher (which I have in the nicest palette, stay tuned for a post on that soon!). As I primer I used Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original, and as a concealer for under my eyes I used Clinique's airbrush concealer in 01 Fair. These two products are definitely top on my would recommend list, I use them nearly every single day, and they definitely do the job so well.
Now, for the eyeshadow application I use Real Techniques brushes from their Eye set, using the base brush and the deluxe crease brush.
The Barry M Natural Glow Palette 2

For the base of this look, I used the third colour from the left, a sort of dark pink, nearly purple colour. I put this all over my lid, and I really like the coverage of this palette, as all the colours that I have used so far have been nearly exact to how they look in the palette. For the second shade, I used the fifth shade from the left, and just blended that in, which created such a lovely plum colour that I would never normally wear but this was too lovely not to try it out.
To finish it off I used some Rimmel Glam Eyes mascara, used my Urban Decay Naked Basics palette for my brows and used Soap & Glory's Sexy Motherpucker gloss stick in Rapunzel (these are kind of like Clinique's chubby sticks, super cool).
This is such a good palette, and it's really good value for money. That primer that comes with it isn't excellent, and it comes with those annoying sponge applicators, but use this with a good brush and a high standard primer and the colours look beautiful. The mixture between matte and shimmery is also good, and even with the shimmers they aren't too overpowering. Definitely worth investing in!
 Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed the post!
Megan x

3 comments:

  1. this looks so lovely! By the way I'm sooo jealous that you live in London. It's my dream to live there! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! I've only been in London for about 2 months now but I absolutely adore it, I'm so used to living so far from everything that I can now just walk to oxford circus is crazy haha I hope you get to live here too one day! x

      Delete
  2. Is this the stuff we bought when i was in London ?

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs